How to shop safely online?Feb 02, 2023
Shopping online in South Africa can be safe and secure, but it is important to take precautions to ensure that your personal information and financial details are protected. Here are three tips on what to look out for when shopping online:
- Check for secure connections: Always look for the padlock symbol and the "https" prefix in the website address when making a purchase. This indicates that the website is using secure encryption to protect your personal information.
- Use a credit card: Credit cards offer more protection against fraud than debit cards. If you do experience fraud, you can dispute the charges with your credit card company.
- Check the reviews: Before making a purchase, check the reviews of the website and the seller. This can give you an idea of the quality of the products and the customer service provided by the seller.
Here are three ways to avoid buying from unscrupulous sellers:
- Use a reputable website: Stick to well-known websites that have a good reputation for customer service and security.
- Research the seller: Check the seller's website, social media, and online reviews to ensure that they have a good reputation.
- Be wary of too-good-to-be-true deals: If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is. Be wary of sellers offering products at significantly lower prices than other sellers.
NEXT: Learn more about selling online with these free resources 👉 www.insaka.co.za/free